CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 31, 2011

St. Thomas, Virgin Islands

Day 3: St. Thomas, Virgin Islands- We got off the boat and did some shopping on our own. Then we had a Magens Bay beach tour later in the afternoon. 

Sailboats off the coast of St. Thomas
Walking from the pier
This was a little bar/restaurant along the street of downtown.
Street shot of downtown
This guy was outside an open air market. He was selling these fresh coconuts to tourists to drink from. He had a huge machete that he used to cut the top part off then he'd just put a straw in it.  
Here is a picture of our ship from the shopping center.

This is a cool alley at the shopping center in St. Thomas.

A view overlooking Magens Bay (St. Thomas). This was named one of the top 10 beaches in the world and rightly so...It was beautiful!!!


Matt and I with Magens Bay behind us
THIS...is Megans Bay. It was one of the coolest beaches I have ever been on. There were no waves and the water was clear enough to see everything w/o snorkel gear.  This was probably our favorite thing about our trip!
Nothing like soft white sand between your toes.

The brush was so thick you couldn't walk through it but, there was this really cool tunnel in one part of  it.

I retract my previous "cool place to lifeguard" statement. This spot definitely has that one beat! I think I could get used to this life!

Matt at Megans Bay

They were playing Mars Needs Moms on the lido deck...I thought this was a cool picture of the pool with the screen and ship tail in the background.

Matt's stuffed mushrooms

Black bean quesadillas...nomnomnom

This is my "comfort food": Fried shrimp, french fries and watermelon. It was de-lish.

Matt ordered fish (which I hate) and I made a face so the waiter held it in front of me. He thought it was hilarious.

This is Matt's talapia


0 comments:

Thank you!

Thanks for stopping by my blog...feel free to comment!