
This year we celebrated New Years a little different than we would have liked. On Christmas Brayden came down with a cold. After a few days his cold really aggravated his asthma until he was unable to breath well on his own. He also sounded like an angry bear whenever he would breathe in or out. On Dec. 30th, a couple days of trying to treat him at home with numerous breathing treatments, mom finally threw in the towel and decided to take him to insta-care. At insta-care they quickly gave him a "super-nebulizer treatment". For those of you who are unfamiliar with asthma a super neb is basically 3 breathing treatments in one with an extra medicine in it as well. They also gave him 40 mg of steroids. After that he was still not breathing very well so they decided he needed to be admitted.
We took a ride to Primary Children's Hospital where after a VERY long ER visit they admitted him for round the clock treatments. New Year's Eve we were able to take him home. That night he started all over again. We were giving him treatments every hour and they didn't seem to be helping. On the second day I decided it wasn't going to work to keep him home and we went back to the hospital. This time we were there for 2 nights because his blood pressure was sky high, he was dizzy and had a horrible headache. Finally after the 2nd night...he made a quick recovery and his breathing was totally better!!! We were able to go home and he has been doing great!
Our last day there was a Sunday and since he was feeling better we decided to attend sacrament meeting at the hospital. An elder came to our room and invited us to go. It happened to be fast Sunday and so it was one of the most spiritual meetings I have ever attended. To look around the room and see all of these terminally ill children and their families, it was heartbreaking. It was a humbling experience for me. I had spent 3 nights in the hospital with my son for asthma. I was tired. Imagine how I felt when these amazing parents stood up talking about the 6 weeks they had spent in the hospital with their child. Not a single negative word was spoken. only words of gratitude for all of the blessings they had been given. The tiny miracles of each and every day they still had with their beloved children. I was definitely put in my place that day. I was overcome with the spirit of the savior and the outpouring he has for each and every one of his children. I had a change of heart and realized all of the many things the lord has blessed me with and I am very thankful.





















0 comments:
Post a Comment