Well Friday afternoon my little trekker finally made it home. Unfortunately, he was sick as a dog. Apparently he spent the entire week battling the flu. Thankfully Steve & Sue Williams (our neighbors) were his parents and they took good care of him. They kept him medicated and took him to the medical station where they told them he was dehydrated and gave him 10 bottles of Gatorade to drink ASAP. According to Sue...Jordan didn't let his illness bother him too much and he made it through trek alright. But...when he got home, he crashed big time. He came home and got straight into bed where he slept for about 3 hours. When I woke him up, I realized he had a high fever and the glands in his neck were super swollen. He also ached all over so we decided it was time for instacare. :(
Unfortunately, it was July 23rd which, in Bountiful, means Handcart days. This was a challenge since the instacare happens to be right along the parade route. Matt managed to find a back way that allowed us to get into the doctor. After a few tests we found out that Jordan just has a nasty virus and so he was given some pain meds to cope until it got better. While we were there, Matt decided he might as well take in a little of the parade and he snapped some pics with his phone. Hey... at least one of us was having fun right? ;)

Here is Wendy & Frosty......hmmm...seems this picture makes me crave ice cream.

The Dicks Market car

Here is my friend Ashlan on the Cookie Cutters float handing out otter pops! She MUST be crazy! ;)

Since Jordan wasn't feeling well, we decided Chinese take out and a movie at home was the way to go. Matt did take a minute however, to climb out on the roof and take a couple pictures of the fireworks we were missing.

Here are some of the fireworks with the temple in the view...what a pretty sight to see. Here's to another Pioneer weekend. As I sit and think about all that Jordan went through on trek, I am more grateful then ever before to my ancestors for all that they went through coming across the plains. I am so thankful that my son was able to get Tylenol, ibuprofen and Gatorade to be able to make it through the journey. I am sure had we been true pioneers, he would not have made it and the thought makes a huge impact in my heart. I am thankful for all of the MANY things that I have in my life to make things easy and comfortable. I am down right spoiled.





















0 comments:
Post a Comment