
As most of you know we have 2 cats, Oakley and Rocky. For the past year Rocky's hair has began to clump. We have tried brushing, bathing, cutting and ignoring but nothing seems to be helping. It has gotten progressively worse and had finally reached the point where he was ripping his fur out in clumps. The poor thing has also become shunned. He has become impossible to pet and he is constantly leaving huge clumps of ripped out hair all over the dang house.
Well today, I decided enough is enough...its high time for the dreaded LION CUT. Being the tightwad that I am, I refused to pay someone to shave him. So....with the help of Makayla and the unknown lending of Jordan's clippers, I took a whack at it. We put him in a laundry basket to hold the hair and I took after him. I have to say it really took a LOT longer than I had expected and I felt like I was in a hairball snowstorm. However...It was well worth the fight. I now have a normal, healthy looking cat that we can actually pet. The added bonus??? No more shedding and he will be nice and cool this summer!!! YAY! I also have to admit, he looks a LOT better than I expected. Here is a blurry picture that I took with my cell phone.

So here's to the not-so-nappy cat and a happy Monday to you all! :)





















0 comments:
Post a Comment